The American College of Radiology (ACR) said that Dr. William Herrington has been elected president at its annual meeting in Washington, DC.
A diagnostic radiologist with Athens, GA-based Athens Radiology Associates, Herrington ascends to his post after serving as the immediate past chair of the ACR Commission on Membership and Communications, a former speaker of the ACR Council, and past chair of the ACR Governance Committee and ACR Task Force on Brand Strategy.
Other new ACR officers include: Dr. Don Yoo of Miriam Hospital in Providence, RI, as vice president; Dr. Timothy Crummy of SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital in Madison, WI, as ACR council speaker; and Dr. Kurt Schoppe of Radiology Associates of North Texas in Dallas as vice speaker.
In addition, the following chancellors were elected:
- Dr. Amy Kotsenas as chair of the ACR Commission on Membership and Communication
- Dr. Eric Rohren, PhD, as chair of the Commission on Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging
- Dr. Arun Krishnaraj as chair of the Commission on Patient- and Family-Centered Care.
- Dr. Lauren Nicola as chair of the Commission on Ultrasound.
- Dr. Andrew Rosenkrantz was reelected chair of the Commission on Body Imaging.
- Dr. Eric Rubin was reelected chair of the Commission on Human Resources.
All new ACR leaders will assume their new positions on May 10 at the end of ACR 2023.