The American College of Radiology (ACR) has rolled out an update to its ACR Appropriateness Criteria.
The ACR has added one new topic -- Workup of Noncerebral Systemic Arterial Embolic Source -- and eight new revised topics in the latest update. The eight revisions include the following:
- Central Venous Access Device and Site Selection
- Chronic Hip Pain
- Chronic Shoulder Pain
- Lung Cancer Screening
- Management of Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Monitoring Response to Neoadjuvant Systemic Therapy for Breast Cancer
- Post-Treatment Follow-up of Prostate Cancer
- Right Upper Quadrant Pain
The ACR Appropriateness Criteria now includes 222 diagnostic imaging and interventional radiology topics and 1,050 clinical variants covering approximately 3,000 clinical scenarios, according to the ACR.