Dear MRI Insider,
What's the best way to assess prostate cancer risk in men with high prostate-specific antigen levels? Dutch investigators say that a risk calculator tool based on MRI data performs best. Find out more in this edition's Insider Exclusive.
When you've read our exclusive, check out our up-to-the-minute coverage of the important role MRI plays in the healthcare enterprise:
- Find out why researchers from Johns Hopkins say insurers are overpaying for advanced imaging tests like MRI -- and why this is bad news for patients.
- Read what investigators have to say about whether the use of gadolinium for imaging pregnant women really poses a danger to their fetuses.
- Discover how machine learning helps identify sleep apnea on MRI faster than traditional methods.
- Check out what Harvard researchers have found about whether radiologists provide consistent interpretation when it comes to reading prostate MRI exams.
- Learn why a Boston-based team of investigators says MRI can help detect brain metastases from breast cancer.
Over and over, MRI demonstrates both flexibility and capacity across a diverse range of applications. Keep up on the many ways it benefits both patients and clinicians by making perusing our MRI Community a regular part of your day.