We're pleased to offer the top 10 stories on AuntMinnie.com for 2014, as measured by member traffic.
As shown in the list below, articles on breast screening dominated the headlines in 2014, with four of our top stories pertaining to breast imaging in one way or another. A common theme was the ongoing controversy over the effectiveness of mammography screening, as indicated by our article on new data from a large Canadian screening study, as well as a call by Swiss researchers for screening to be abolished in their country.
Screening of a different type loomed large in our No. 3 story, which discussed the U.S. government's momentous decision to propose Medicare payment for CT lung cancer screening of high-risk current and former smokers. Will CT lung cancer screening follow breast screening on a path of perpetual controversy? Only time will tell.
Business news is always a hot topic on AuntMinnie.com, as evidenced by our No. 2 article on Siemens Healthcare's move to sell its Health Services information systems business to Cerner. And the need for new models of delivering radiology services was reflected in our No. 6 and No. 7 articles, covering the winners of our annual Minnies awards and a new point-of-care radiology service implemented in Qatar, respectively.
This year's top 10 stories are as follows:
- Ga. technologist gets jail time for entering false mammo records, April 15, 2014
- Siemens to sell Health Services to Cerner, August 6, 2014
- CMS says yes to CT lung cancer screening for seniors, November 10, 2014
- Top 5 trends from RSNA 2014 in Chicago, December 11, 2014
- New data from Canadian study revive breast screening battle, February 11, 2014
- Economics trumps clinical issues in 2014 Minnies awards, October 29, 2014
- New Qatar hospital will pursue point-of-care radiology, October 15, 2014
- AIM: Breast density follow-up may not be cost-effective, December 8, 2014
- Swiss board repeats call to abolish breast screening, April 16, 2014
- JAMA IM: Imaging lands high on list of low-value procedures, May 13, 2014