The Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR) has named Dr. Parag Patel of the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee as its 2022-2023 president.
The society also named the following individuals to its 2022-2023 executive council:
- President-elect: Dr. Alda Tam of MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX
- Secretary: Dr. Robert Lewandowski of Northwestern Medicine in Chicago
- Past-president: Dr. Matthew Johnson of Indiana School of Medicine in Indianapolis
- SIR Foundation treasurer: Dr. Raymond Liu of Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston
- Councilor-at-large: Dr. Nishita Kothary of Stanford University Medical Center
- Health Policy and Economics Division councilor: Dr. Matthew Hawkins of Emory University in Atlanta, GA
- Interventional oncology councilor: Dr. Rahul Sheth of MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX
Finally, the society named Dr. Theresa Caridi of the University of Alabama in Birmingham to the post of chair of the SIR Foundation board of directors and appointed to the board Dr. Maureen Kohi of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; Govindarajan Srimathveeravalli, PhD, of the University of Massachusetts at Amherst; and Dr. Amy Taylor of the University of Virginia in Charlottesville.