The American College of Radiology (ACR) has announced the names of honorees to be recognized for contributions to the specialty and service to the organization at its next annual meeting, which is set to be held from May 16-19, 2021.
The selections, which were made by the ACR's Board of Chancellors, include three Gold Medalists:
- Dr. Cheri Canon, chair of radiology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine
- Dr. Paul Larson, general radiologist affiliated with hospitals in Wisconsin and former member of the ACR Board of Chancellors
- Dr. Barry Siegel, professor of radiology and medicine at Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington School of Medicine in St. Louis, MO
Furthermore, honorary fellowships will be awarded to the following:
- Dr. Michael Baumann, radiation oncologist and scientific director and chair of the management board at the German Cancer Research Center in Heidelberg, Germany
- Dr. Sneh Bhargava, radiologist and professor in New Delhi, India and director of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- Dr. Fiona Gilbert, professor and chair of the Cambridge Health Imaging Committee in Cambridge, England
The ACR also plans to give a Distinguished Achievement Award to Donald Moran, founder of the Moran Company, a healthcare policy and reimbursement consultancy in Arlington, VA.