By AuntMinnie.com staff writers

February 12, 2018 -- A 72-year-old California man is suing Glendale Adventist Medical Center, alleging he was burned in an accident during an MRI scan at the facility.

According to a February 6 report by KTLA-TV in Los Angeles, Nick Kruth claims that a tab from an electrocardiogram device containing metal was left on his stomach before a technician placed him into the MRI scanner. The subsequent burn has plagued Kruth since the incident in 2016.

Kruth said he felt severe pain during the scan, but when the MRI technologist asked him if he wanted to stop the exam, Kruth said he was confused. The technologist later discovered a hole in the patient's side, where the tab and metal had burned deep into his flesh.

As of February 6, the hospital had yet to comment on the allegation, according to the report.


Copyright © 2018 AuntMinnie.com
 

To read this and get access to all of the exclusive content on AuntMinnie.com create a free account or sign-in now.

Member Sign In:
MemberID or Email Address:  
Do you have a AuntMinnie.com password?
No, I want a free membership.
Yes, I have a password:  
Forgot your password?
Sign in using your social networking account:
Sign in using your social networking
account: