Dear Imaging Leaders Insider,
Do clinical decision-support tools actually improve appropriate imaging ordering in the emergency department? Researchers from New York City offer a conditional yes. Read our Insider Exclusive to find out why the group believes these tools could help emergency department imaging be more effective.
After you've read our featured article, take a look at what else is going on in the Imaging Leaders Community:
- Check out why radiology administrators are optimistic about business prospects in the first quarter of 2019.
- Which radiology subspecialty makes the most money? The answer may surprise you.
- Read what the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission has to say about imaging utilization growth. (Hint: It's slower than growth in other medical services.)
- Get the scoop on cuts the healthcare sector could face in the 2020 U.S. budget.
- Confused about changes in the 2019 Medicare fee schedule? Contributing writer Sandy Coffta explains them all.
- Finally, from our European Congress of Radiology coverage, find out how recognizing signs of stress and burnout can mitigate their effects and what, exactly, are the ramifications of revealing patient data on social media.
As always, if you have a comment or report to share about any aspect of diagnostic imaging practice, management, administration, regulation, or financing, I invite you to contact me.