The American College of Radiology (ACR) has announced its 2023 honorees. They will be recognized during the college's 2023 annual meeting in May.
In all, the ACR Board of Chancellors named three gold medalists, one honorary fellowship recipient, and a distinguished achievement awardee. The college recognizes these people for their "extraordinary contributions to the field of radiology and outstanding service to the ACR."
The awards include the following:
- Gold medal: Dr. Edward Bluth, Ochsner Health System, New Orleans, LA
- Gold medal: Dr. James Brink, Harvard Medical School, Boston
- Gold medal: Dr. Carolyn Cidis Meltzer, University of Southern California
- Honorary fellowship: Dr. Richard Pötter, Medical University Vienna General Hospital Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Distinguished achievement: Dr. Robert Achermann, California Radiological Society, Sacramento