Other participants in the coalition include the American College of Radiology (ACR), the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT), the Association for Quality Imaging, the Centers for Diagnostic Imaging, the Radiology Business Management Association (RBMA), and the Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (SNMMI).
In a letter to Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, and Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer, the group of organizations is requesting five actions:
- Waiving budget neutrality for the Medicare payment changes for evaluation and management (E/M) services that are slated to be implemented on January 1, 2021
- Providing Medicare loan forgiveness for hospitals and health providers
- Allowing for a 1% payment increase to Medicare payment providers until December 31, 2021, to defray the costs of personal protective equipment (PPE) and other infection control activities
- Establishing a loan program for capital equipment during the coronavirus pandemic
- Extending the suspension of 2% Medicare sequestration cuts to December 31, 2021
Copyright © 2020 AuntMinnie.com