A day in the life of a Sup, Cat Scan Section Head at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Supervises, as well as performs all CT procedures to the highest diagnostic quality and accuracy.
- Oversees staff training to maintain the highest quality diagnostic images.
- Assures proper operating performance of all equipment.
- Communicates with nursing services and physicians to obtain pertinent clinical information of CT patients.
- Ensures the availability of necessary supplies to maintain efficient department functionality.
- Performs procedures according to departmental format and completes exam in allotted time. Ensure films have proper patient identification.
- Performs daily clerical duties, which includes the use of EPIC, Teletracking System, computer systems, patient scheduling, or any other updated program added by the hospital.
- Performs all tasks as required by CT technologist demonstrating the knowledge and skill to provide patient care.
- Prepares Kronos, staff schedules, on-call coverage sheets, and overtime approval forms.
- Evaluates and recommends equipment, including capital equipment.
- Performs and teaches the staff technologist how to screen and administer IV contrast.
- Schedules monthly departmental meetings and monthly departmental in-services and outside companies.
- Greets in/outpatients when they arrive for their exam utilizing A.I.D.E.T. standards.
- Assists Special Imaging Manager in preparation of budget.
- Adheres to the policies of Employee ID, Standards of Behavior, Attendance, and Punctuality.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational & Managerial Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Graduate of an approved school of radiology. 5 years of formal training in CT with ARRT registry, certification in CT.
- 5 years clinical experience in CT procedures.
- Ability to operate the unit with precision, produces images, and recognizes diagnostic patterns.
- Knowledge of cross-section anatomy and physiology.
- Thorough knowledge of PACS system.
- Complete knowledge of EPIC and any system the hospital adds.
- Knowledge of safety, infection, and disaster policy and procedures, including implementation of patient care in case of an emergency situation.
- ARRT Registry.
- Must be able to perform CPR.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Diagnostic Radiography License.
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certification
Apply here: https://jobs.hackensackmeridianhealth.org/job/hackensack/supervisor-cat-scan-section-head/19511/27692410448
Hackensack Meridian Health
Visit Our Career Page: Jobs.HackensackMeridianHealth.org