Imaging Systems Administrator
Job Description: The PACS Imaging Systems Administrator is responsible for maintaining and administering the company’s imaging systems, including PACS, Voice Recognition, Worklist System, RIS, and any other system that is required to facilitate radiology workflow. This position is also responsible for workflow communication, training, and optimization and will require frequent and direct interaction with radiologists to ensure that they are equipped to work as efficiently as possible.
o Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
• Manage the full lifecycle of imaging data and file, storage, compression, archiving, records retention and data migration.
• Coordinate with outside IT/Radiology departments to facilitate workflow and system integration.
• Provide product management for multiple imaging systems, including feature roadmaps, training and workflow optimization.
• Provide direct physician support (both remote and on-site) related to the overall imaging workflow ensuring that the productivity of the physician is not impacted. This includes end-user support, training and back-end technical expertise regarding all radiology imaging systems (PACS, Voice Recognition, RIS, and Worklist software).
• Manage all radiology workstations, including installation (often at remote sites), maintenance and software updates.
• Coordinate with software vendors (PACS, Voice Recognition, RIS, Worklist, DICOM, and HL7 interfaces) for resolution and technical issues.
• Provide 2nd and 3rd level technical support to Help Desk personnel.
• Provide after hours and weekend on-call support on a rotational basis.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field, or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential funcpations of the position.
• 3+ years of healthcare industry related experience (preference given to Radiology experience)
• Proven experience with end-user support and excellent customer service skills.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Proven understanding of DICOM and HL7 standards.
• Proven planning and organizational skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and function as a team player.
• Health Insurance (HDHP), Life and Long term disability – paid by employer
• Health Savings Account (H.S.A.) – company contribution
• PTO plus holidays
• 401K/Roth plan
• Cafeteria Plan – pre-tax dollars plan
• Voluntary Dental, Life, Vision and short-term Disability