Summary: This Data Analytics Developer position is responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting the business analytics solutions for the company. The position requires expertise in relational and multidimensional database schemas. Primary responsibilities include designing and building OLAP (online analytical processing) cubes, applying data mining algorithms, writing queries, and designing reports. This includes the aggregation of data from multiple sources in an efficient data warehouse to support the company’s business intelligence needs.
• Overseeing the development and operations of an enterprise data warehouse, combining data from disparate data sources, systems, and vendors.
• Coordinating with company’s management and project team members to identify key performance indicators and to design and implement reporting solutions to provide real-time access to these measures.
• Improving and streamlining processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, visibility, and value.
• Overseeing the ongoing development and operations of a business intelligence architecture that enables fact-based decision making and ad hoc analysis.
• Documenting business requirements and technical designs.
• Developing test scripts and documented use cases. Coordinating with users to test, validate, troubleshoot, and enhance analytics applications and reports.
• Managing database, application, and report change requests within ITIL best practices for change management.
• Managing projects and tasks using Lean and Agile development principles.
• Regular and timely attendance.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science of related field, or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
• 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the development of data warehouse and analytics solutions.
• 3+ years of healthcare industry related experience preferred.
• Proven experience with Microsoft SQL Server development and administration, with extensive experience in complex database and query design.
• Extensive experience in ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) using Microsoft Integration Services / SSIS.
• Tableau experience preferred.
• Experience with developing analytics solutions using non-relational data preferred.
• Working knowledge and experience in OLTP relational data, dimensional data modeling techniques, and OLAP cubes, metadata, and reports.
• Ability to work within a team-based environment.
• Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Health Insurance (HDHP), Life and Long term disability – paid by employer
• Health Savings Account (H.S.A.) – company contribution
• PTO plus holidays
• 401K/Roth plan
• Cafeteria Plan – pre-tax dollars plan
• Voluntary Dental, Life and Vision
• Short Term disability