UTSW Abdominal Imaging Fellowship
UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas Department of Radiology ACGME-accredited Abdominal Imaging Fellowship currently accepting applications for one newly created position for 2020-21 (start date: July 2020).
- Rotations in Body CT, Body MR, Ultrasound, Image-guided Procedures, PET/CT, as well as dedicated elective time.
- Two large hospital systems including Parkland Health and Hospital System Acute Care Hospital, the Dallas county public hospital and a level 1 trauma center; Clements University Hospital, the university teaching hospital, transplant center, with affiliated NCI-designated cancer center; and multiple associated imaging centers.
- High-volume and variety of cases and procedures in the abdominal section: >21,000 CT (such as CT colonography, CT enterography, CT angiography, spectral CT), > 5000 MRI (such as liver quantification/MR elastography, RCC characterization, prostate MRI with in-bore biopsies, pelvic floor imaging, MR enterography, rectal/pelvic cancer staging MRI), > 25,000 Ultrasound (including advanced vascular US, contrast-enhanced US, and elastography) and >600 Image-guided procedures (such as liver biopsy/drainage thyroid FNA lymph node biopsy, renal biopsy, paracentesis, abdominal abscess drainage) annually.
- 25 dedicated fellowship-trained abdominal imaging/MRI faculty + 4 nuclear medicine faculty.
- Dedicated fellow lectures on advanced imaging topics as well as regularly scheduled radiology grand rounds presented by prestigious visiting and local professors.
- Participation in multiple interdisciplinary conferences, journal clubs, case conferences.
- Variety of opportunities for research/scholarly activity with dedicated academic time.
- 3-weeks of vacation + separate flex/meeting time + academic enrichment fund.
- Pager call from home during the week paired with in-house 8-5am on the weekends – done total nine times over the course of the year.
- Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex - offers numerous cultural, athletic, and culinary diversions with ready access to DFW airport and Dallas Love Field airport.
UT Southwestern will consider applicants matriculated in an ACGME-accredited diagnostic radiology residency or an RCPSC-accredited or CFPC-accredited residency program in Canada. UT Southwestern only offers J-1 visas. Pay is commensurate with PGY level.