Court officials heard that a preliminary inquiry performed by the Brihanmumbai Municipal (BMC) into the incident at Nair Hospital found that two BMC employees were negligent, according to an August 28 report in the Hindustan Times. Charges against the pair -- who were not named -- have not yet been served, the article noted.
Rajesh Maruti Maru was killed when he was pulled into the bore of an MRI scanner while carrying an oxygen tank into the suite. The 32-year-old man was taking the metal cylinder into the room for his mother-in-law who was about to undergo an MRI scan. The magnet pulled the tank and Maru into the bore where it exploded. Maru died shortly thereafter of complications from pneumothorax after inhaling the gas. It is alleged that a hospital employee gave the cylinder to Maru.
Copyright © 2019 AuntMinnie.com