Radiologists will be able to use the new measures to qualify for Medicare payments through the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), MSN said. The measures include the following:
- QMM16: Inferior vena cava filter management confirmation
- QMM17: Appropriate follow-up recommendations for ovarian-adnexal lesions using the Ovarian-Adnexal Reporting and Data System (O-RADS)
- QMM18: Use of breast cancer risk score on mammography
- QMM19: Dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry and fracture risk assessment for patients with osteopenia
- QMM20: Opening pressure in lumbar puncture
The measures will increase the radiologists' quality reporting options, MSN senior vice president of regulatory affairs Claudia Murray said in a statement released by the organization.
"This is significant because radiology has experienced a decline in available MIPS measures as previous measures have topped out or been eliminated," she said.
Copyright © 2021 AuntMinnie.com