The report, titled "Physician Lifestyle & Happiness," included responses from more than 15,000 physicians in over 29 specialties. The majority of survey respondents were between the ages of 35 and 64.
Medscape found that 53% of radiologists are happy outside of work, while 57% reported having high self-esteem and 53% reported having happy marriages. Other results included the following:
- 52% of physicians are very or extremely happy outside of work, while 9% are very or extremely unhappy.
- 71% of male physicians reported having high or very high self-esteem, compared with 47% of female physicians.
- 81% of physicians stated they were married, and most (52%) described their marriages as "very good."
- 70% of physicians reported having a spiritual or religious belief.
- 43% of physicians reported taking three to four weeks of vacation each year.
"Given all the challenges that come with being a physician these days, doctors have a lot on their plates," according to Medscape. "The majority of physicians still enjoy medicine, however, and have rich personal lives."
Copyright © 2019 AuntMinnie.com