The agency plans to select three submissions from project proposals in which applicants show how to create a safety culture around the use of radiation in medicine. Winners will receive travel grants to go to Vienna and present their projects at the program, which will take place January 2020.
The IAEA is asking applicants to demonstrate how they would address each of 10 traits that the agency believes are key to ensuring radiation safety in medicine:
- Personal accountability
- Questioning attitude
- Effective safety communication
- Leadership safety values and actions
- Respectful work environment
- Continuous learning
- Problem identification and resolution
- Environment for raising concerns
- Work processes
The deadline for submissions is 30 April. More information can be found on the IAEA's website.
Copyright © 2019 AuntMinnie.com