The online video offers a step-by-step explanation that includes information on the following:
- Maximizing the number of x-rays acquired by a human CT scanner in order to optimize scanning of inanimate objects
- Segmenting CT data to create virtual 3D models
- Processing the virtual 3D models for 3D printing
- Selecting appropriate 3D printing materials
- Manufacturing and finishing the 3D-printed models
The group's in-house 3D printing technique can enable clinicians to create medical supplies directly at their facility as needed, said Dr. Michael Winkler, associate professor of radiology and cardiology at the university.
Copyright © 2020 AuntMinnie.com