Culp told CNBC that GE could sell as much as 49.9% of GE Healthcare, as opposed to the 20% stake it proposed when it announced plans in June to spin off the healthcare unit as a standalone division.
GE has been caught in a cash-flow crisis that has prompted the company to either sell or spin off divisions. In its June announcement, GE said it would float 20% of the company on the market and distribute the remaining 80% to GE shareholders through a tax-free distribution.
In the CNBC interview, Culp responded to a question about possible solutions to GE's liquidity crisis by noting that the amount of GE Healthcare the company could sell may rise to as much as 49.9%, while preserving the deal's status as a tax-free transaction.
"We have flexibility ... we have options there," Culp said. "There is a lot of cash there, given some of the estimates of value that are out there."
Copyright © 2018 AuntMinnie.com