Tips for posting to the IMV Publishing Forums
The IMV Publishing Forums are a gathering place for the discussion of topics of interest to the communities. Everyone is encouraged to participate in the Forums. Like any community there are certain rules and guidelines that must be followed to ensure that everyone gets the most enjoyment possible out of the Forums. These rules and guidelines are laid out in our Forum Code of Conduct.
Here are some handy tips to know to get the most out of our Forums:
1. Moderation on Forums
In order to ensure that our Forums are a place where information and opinions can be shared safely, all postings may be moderated. Postings that violate our Forum Code of Conduct may be removed by us at our sole discretion.
2. Your Postings Reflect Upon You -- Be Proud of Them
Most people on our Forums will only know you by what you say and how well you say it. Take some time to make sure each posting is something that will not embarrass you later. Minimize your spelling errors and make sure that the post is easy to read and understand. Writing is an art and to do it well requires practice. Since much of how people judge you on the web is based on your writing, such time is well spent.
3. Never Forget that the Person on the Other Side is Human
Because your interaction with the Forums is through a computer, it is easy to forget that there are people "out there" reading your posts. Situations arise where emotions erupt into a verbal free-for-all that can lead to hurt feelings. Please remember that people all over the world are reading your words. Do not attack people if you cannot persuade them with your presentation of the facts. Screaming, cursing, and abusing others only serves to make people think less of you and less willing to help you when you need it. Hasty words create more problems than they solve. Don't say anything to others you would not say to them in person in a room full of people.
4. Be Careful in the Posting of Personal Information
Do not give out your name or address to anyone asking for this information. Only post information that you are comfortable with the world seeing or reading.
5. Spamming or Flaming
Any type of commercial spamming or excessive flaming will not be tolerated and will be removed from the Forums. Our Forums are used to discuss relevant topics, not attack other's ideas and beliefs. The best response to a flame is to not respond.
Forum Code of Conduct
Forums and all related applications (the "Services") are provided to you only if you agree to abide by the terms and conditions (the "Standards") below. IMV Publishing may refuse to provide the Services to you if you violate the standards.
Use of the Services constitutes your acceptance of the Standards. IMV Publishing monitors the Services and reserves the right to remove any content that it believes, in its sole discretion, does not meet the Standards.
1. You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages and other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which the Content originated. This means that you, and not IMV Publishing, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service. We do not control the Content posted via the Service and, as such, do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstance will IMV Publishing be liable in any way for any content, including but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
2. You agree that you will not use the Service to:
a. upload, post, email, transmit, submit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
b. harm minors in any way;
c. post personal identifying information about someone else;
d. advocate illegal conduct or participate in illegal or fraudulent schemes to distribute unauthorized copies of copyrighted material (including photos, artwork, text, recordings, designs, or computer programs);
e. post, exchange, trade or swap content that is sexually explicit, obscene or vulgar;
f. upload, post, email, transmit, submit or otherwise make available any material that contains destructive features, such as viruses, worms, Trojan horses, etc.
g. post or use any bots or scripts on the server, whether they are benign or destructive in intent;
h. invite others to visit websites that offer materials or content that does not comply with the Standards;
i. engage in any commercial activity, including but not limited to posting or transmitting of unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, promotional materials or any other forms of solicitation to other users;
j. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
k. state, indicate, suggest or otherwise imply that you are an employee or representative of IMV Publishing, its subsidiaries or affiliates;
l. intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law; or
m. collect or store personal data about other users.
n. adopt the identity of another person or company through the use of a user name that is not your own.
3. You acknowledge that IMV Publishing does not pre-screen Content, but that IMV Publishing and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion, to refuse or move any Content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, IMV Publishing and its designees shall have the right
a. to remove any Content that violates the Standards. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created by IMV Publishing or submitted to IMV Publishing.
b. to remove Content from users we suspect are operating under false pretenses.
4. We encourage you not to post personal identifying information about yourself in the Services. Be aware that when you disclose personal identifying information such as your actual name, member name, email address, etc., the information may be collected and used by others to send unsolicited email.
5. Whenever you use the Services to initiate conversations with IMV Publishing, or anyone else, you are inviting a response and agree to be contacted by electronic or other means in return.
6. The Services are open to the public, and what you post there can be seen by anyone and is not protected.
7. If you discover any use of the Services that you believe is not consistent with these Standards, you should promptly bring it to IMV Publishing's attention by sending an email message to complaints.
8. IMV Publishing reserves the right to release information to the proper authorities in the event of a violation of these Standards, or in response to an appropriate subpoena, or if IMV Publishing deems it necessary and/or appropriate.
10. NEITHER IMV PUBLISHING, NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, PARENT COMPANIES, PARTNERS, ADVERTISERS OR THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PROVIDED THROUGH, OR IN CONJUNCTION WITH, THE SERVICES. IMV PUBLISHING, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, PARENT COMPANIES, PARTNERS, ADVERTISERS AND THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR CONDUCT BY ANY USER OF THE SERVICES. NEITHER IMV PUBLISHING, NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, PARENT COMPANIES, PARTNERS, ADVERTISERS OR THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS MAKE ANY GUARANTEE, REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY, CORRECTNESS OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED AS A RESULT OF USING THE SERVICES, AND ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (I) ANY ERRORS OF OMISSION ARISING FROM THE USE OF SUCH INFORMATION; (II) ANY FAILURES, DELAYS OR INTERRUPTIONS IN THE DELIVERY OF ANY CONTENT OR SERVICE CONTAINED WITHIN THE SITE; (III) ANY LIBELOUS OR UNLAWFUL MATERIAL CONTAINED WITHIN MEMBER POSTINGS; OR (IV) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE. YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD IMV PUBLISHING AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, PARENT COMPANIES, PARTNERS, ADVERTISERS, AND THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIM OR DEMAND, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES, MADE BY ANY THIRD PARTY DUE TO OR ARISING OUT OF CONTENT YOU SUBMIT, POST, TRANSMIT OR MAKE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE, YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, YOUR CONNECTION TO THE SERVICE, YOUR VIOLATION OF THE STANDARDS, OR YOUR VIOLATION OF THE RIGHTS OF ANOTHER.
Click here to return to the Forums main page.
If you like this content, please share it with a colleague!